If you wonder whether you ought to be springing for organics, we heartily say, whenever possible, YES!
After all, organic food:
- Has more nutrients—vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and micronutrients—than commercially grown foods
- Organic soil is managed and nourished with sustainable practices
- Helps you avoid chemical poisons. There are over 600 poisons put on American food daily
- Helps you avoid GMOs (genetically modified organisms). There isn’t enough research showing that GMOs are NOT harmful to your health
- Antibiotics, drugs, and growth hormones directly pass into meat and dairy. In fact, tens of millions of pounds of antibiotics are used in animal feed every year
- 90% of pesticides Americans consume are found in fat and tissue of meats and dairy
- Tastes better because well-nourished, well-balanced soil produces healthy, strong, flavorful plants
Enjoy! This tip is brought to you by @moanoutloudproteinshakes and @andreabarkley.